Jazz & Silver

Jazz and Silver describes my struggle to capture the essence of the performing Jazz musician.

Anne Chris in brasserie Paardenburg

Posted by F_D_K on Tuesday 23 March 2010


Anne Chris, originally uploaded by F_D_K.
Sunday I had a streak of luck as I found out that there was a modest jazz performance right next to where the biggest rowing race of the year is organized. I couldn't resist to bring my camera and try to make a nice portrait.
The performance was set in a stylish restaurant, and the staff were very accommodating so I could focus on capturing jazz on celluloid. I'm very pleased with the bokeh of the sonnar in this shot as well as the other shots on my flickr site.
I took some photos of a performance by Anne Chris before with the Contax G 90mm f/2.8 sonnar, but this time there was more ambient light and I got away with a 135mm lens. (albeit on a monopod!) The slightly more compressed perspective looks quite pleasing, so I'm going to use it a bit more in the future.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)