Jazz & Silver

Jazz and Silver describes my struggle to capture the essence of the performing Jazz musician.

Mirjam van Dam performing in 'de Observant'

Posted by F_D_K on Tuesday 12 January 2010


Mirjam van Dam in 'de Observant', originally uploaded by F_D_K.

The first Jazz on Monday gig of the year, and what a treat. Thanks to Stormvogel and Alexander Beets an amazing series of jazz performances is taking place in 'de Observant' in Amersfoort, and I don't want to miss any of them.
Yesterday evening Mirjam van Dam was the special guest, and she sang some beautiful songs from Ella Fitzgerald's repertoire. I especially liked Mack the knive, an adaptation of Mackie Messer from die Dreigroschenoper of Kurt Weill.
Apart from the music, the venue lends itself for nice backlit portraits with highlights in the hair. I like black & white, but I secretly like black more that white!

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)