Jazz & Silver

Jazz and Silver describes my struggle to capture the essence of the performing Jazz musician.

Tmax 400 in the dark!

Posted by F_D_K on Thursday 24 December 2009


Ruud Breuls, originally uploaded by F_D_K.
I posted another couple of pictures on Flickr from the Ruud Breuls gig on the 14th of December. This is from a roll of Kodak Tmax 400 (TMY-2) I shot with my Konica Hexar AF. The Konica enables me to shoot with shutter times as long as 1/15th of a second without noticeable blur. With its fast lens optimized for f/2 it is the ultimate low light camera for film.
Compared to Neopan 1600, this film isn't inherently push processed, so you get a lot more shadow detail, and much smaller grain. I haven't made up my mind as to what film I like best for this type of shot. The technical merits of the TMY-2 aren't important here, it's a matter of aesthetics only.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)